QEP is committed to protecting the health and safety of all personnel who are part of our operations. Each day we dedicate ourselves to delivering a working environment where we cause no harm to our employees, vendors, and communities. We work with PEC Safety, a third-party vendor, to ensure all our vendors meet our HSE requirements prior to commencing work on QEP sites. PEC Safety provides an online tool to track the critical safety, operational and insurance compliance information we require of our vendors.
VENDOR HSE REQUIREMENTS
PEC Enrollment – Contractors must upload required documentation and provide and maintain an HSE program and performance data via the PEC Safety system.
PEC Evaluation – QEP qualifies contractors utilizing PEC Safety. We evaluate safety metrics such as TRIR, HSE policies and procedures, and contractor compliance with applicable OSHA regulations.
Contractor Orientation – All contractor personnel are required to complete QEP’s Contractor Orientation or a basin specific orientation prior to commencing work on a QEP site and again every two years. Once a contractor has completed the orientation, they will receive a validation sticker that is valid for two years.
Contractors must provide, at minimum:
- Safety and job-specific training to their employees;
- Job specific HSE procedures;
- Notification of all incidents and near misses that occur on QEP facilities;
- Notifications (Safety Data Sheets) of all hazardous materials brought to QEP facilities.
- QEP performs periodic HSE audits of its contractors and their HSE programs.
Expectations of our Contractors
- Maintain HSE programs, procedures, training and policies as necessary to comply with applicable laws
- Respect QEP’s safety culture and core values
- Abide by QEP’s Code of Conduct
- Provide a drug-, alcohol-, violence- and harassment-free workplace